Over the past few years I have had a great time writing, editing, and publishing Going In-Depth magazine each month as part of The In-Depth Genealogist. Check out what I have written for the publications below.
National Genealogical Society Magazine
“Why did mom keep that cracked tea cup?” (July/August/September 2015 issue) The article was based on the presentation I give on “Documenting Your Family Heirlooms” and was all about documenting your family heirlooms and the stories behind them.
In April 2012 I began a Jewish Genealogy column for The In-Depth Genealogist. This resource is for all levels of genealogist and includes a monthly newsletter, blog, forums, resources for kids and teachers, and many other great resources.
Past column articles include:
- Interview with Bubbe*
- Shlepping* to the Cemetery
- Getting Your Tuches* to the Archives
- A Bissel* of Knowledge Goes a Long Way
- Don’t Kvetch*- Use Timelines and Locations to Reveal Secrets
- I Could Plotz*- All Three Birthplaces!
- Identifying Your Ancestors Through Your Tateh*
- Someday I Will Be a Newspaper Maven*
- Starting as a Pisher* in Slovakia
- What Does it Mean to be a Bas Yisroel*?
- Oy Vay* the Holocaust Destroyed the Records
- Know Bupkes* about Israel Research? Let’s Get Started Anyway
- It Takes Chutzpah* to do Jewish DNA Research
- Getting Started with Jewish Genealogy Research
- Let’s Take a ‘Field Trip’