Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings blog sponsors Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. I have never participated in this before, but thought that since I’m looking for new writing inspiration that this might be a good way to get the “juices” flowing.
1) We’re going to do a bit of Semi-Random Research tonight…
2) Go to you family tree database of choice and determine who the very last person on your list of names is.
3) What do you know about this person based on your research? It’s OK to do more if you need to – in fact, it’s encouraged!
4) How are you related to this person, and why is s/he in your family tree?
5) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blogpost, or in a Facebook post or Google+ Stream post.
So here’s what I found…
2. My family tree database of choice is RootsMagic. I’ve used it over the past 3 years and the last person on my list is Hannah Bradford.
3. Hannah Bradford was born on 10 Apr 1719 in Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. She died on 22 May 1758 at the age of 39 in Friendship, Knox, Maine, United States. She married Joshua Bradford who was likely a cousin, but has yet to be confirmed. Most of my information is secondary at this point. Perhaps soon I will be able to find more concrete proof of a connection. As it is now, the story of this family is quite interesting. They married in Plymouth, Massachusetts and then moved to Meduncook (now Friendship), Maine. Unfortunately the community was attacked by Indians and Mr. & Mrs. Bradford were scalped and killed in the mêlée. Several of their children were killed and a few carried off after the attack.
4. She may be my 7th great grandmother through my Morse side. Though I haven’t confirmed this it is a lead that I am following. Time will tell if it’s a good lead or not.