2012 was quite a monumental year for me in many ways. Not only was it my first year in business, but I also finally married my sweetie! Starting a new job in June was a great change for me as it reduced my commute time and met one of my career goals to finally work as a Traffic Engineer. Great changes! Now, on to my review of my genealogy goals from 2012.
General Genealogy Goals
1. Attend the Ohio Genealogical Conference in Cleveland, Ohio (April 12-14). NOT MET
2. Attend the National Family History Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio (May 9-12). YES!
3. Visit the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana and learn about the resources available there. TWICE!!
4. Finish the Advanced Jewish Genealogy Coursework that I began in November. ALMOST DONE!
5. Take the courses that I won last year through the Family Tree Magazine. 75% COMPLETE
6. Finish reading the Jewish Genealogy book that I bought last year. NOT MET
7. Finish the Methodology Part 1 course through the National Institute for Genealogical Studies. NOT MET
8. Attend the Midwestern Roots Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana (July 20-21). NOT MET
1. Write at least once a week. NOT MET
2. Promote my blog on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. YES!
3. Invite others to write as guests on my blog. NOT MET
1. Continue to meet with the COG’s (Central Ohio Geneabloggers). YES!
2. At all conferences make at least one new connection. YES!
3. Become active in the Licking County Genealogical Society and volunteer in the library. NOT MET
Interview the older generations in my family about their memories growing up. Use pictures to spur stories about relatives that I know little about. Record these interviews to digital audio for later reference and sharing. NOT MET
Specific questions and goals for the family lines that I’d like to examine this year…
1. Find out more about Margaret Maude Nolan Morse McGraw. According to my Great Uncle, she was married once before she met George Frederick Morse. Was Nolan her maiden name or was it her 1st married name? NOT MET
2. Who was George Frederick Morse married to before Margaret? My Great Uncle said he was married once before… who was she? NOT MET
3. What happened to Arthur Morse’s daughter Helena Irene? NOT MET
4. Join the Morse Family Genealogical Society. YES!
1. Find out more about Alex/ Ellye Kriger in Belarus. Was he born there or elsewhere? When & where was he buried? NOT MET
2. Did Myer Krueger have any siblings? According to my grandma there was a sister in Minnesota that married and had several children. When did she come to America? NOT MET
3. Where is Sophia/ Zipe Soloman Krueger buried and when did she die? Where was she born? Did she have any siblings besides Sarah Soloman Shon? NOT MET
1. Did Samuel Hirsch Engel have any siblings? Did his family remain in Slovakia? NOT MET
2. Did Dora Fleckman Engel have any siblings? Did her family stay in Slovakia? SOME PROGRESS
1. Find out more about my dad’s half-brother Kenny and Kenny’s mother. Where did they end up & is Kenny still alive? YES!
2. Find out more about Naomi Reynolds Alford’s family & whether any more pictures are “out there”. YES!
3. Join the Alford Family Association. NOT MET
1. Find out where in Ireland the Cliffords came from originally. NOT MET